AKRON, Ohio – Tickets are on sale for the Gay Community Endowment Fund Visit Sugar Plum Vacation Homes.
This year’s event includes live and virtual tours of beautifully decorated homes in the Greater Akron area. Proceeds from the event will help fund programs that advance equality for LGBTQ+ people in Akron and surrounding communities.
The live tour is scheduled for Sunday, December 4 from 1-5 p.m. The virtual tour, which features professional images of eight homes, will air over the weekend of December 10-11.
According to a press release, recent grants have expanded outreach efforts to aging LGBTQ+ adults, offered gender-affirming healthcare services to LGBTQ+ youth and young adults, and funded inclusivity training for homeowners. small enterprises. Last year’s tour raised a record over $200,000 for the fund.
For a complete list of grants, visit fund website.
Features of this year’s live tour homes include:
- A 1948 Georgian Colonial in West Akron with original oak floors and a finished basement with a bar and home theater.
- A 1967 ranch-style home in Fairlawn that has been remodeled and features an open floor plan.
- A 1953 Mid-Century Modern home in West Akron that has wide floor-to-ceiling windows.
- A 1926 Cotswold Tudor in Fairlawn Heights that features a remodeled kitchen and arches throughout the home.
- A 1922 bungalow in Highland Square inspired by Frank Lloyd Wright that features original hardwood floors, craftsman nooks and built-ins.
General admission tickets are $35 each for live or virtual tours, or $60 for both, and can be purchased at www.sugarplumtour.org. Customers who purchase tickets before November 1 will receive a discount.
Tickets for the live tour can also be purchased on Sunday, December 4 from 11 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Angel Falls Coffee Company, 792 W. Market St. in Akron. Guests can pick up printed tour guides at Angel Falls or download a mobile-friendly digital tour guide with maps of the drop-in locations at www.sugarplumtour.org/tickets.
A private party for sponsors will take place after the live tour at a location to be announced. Sponsorships start at $500 and include tickets to live and virtual tours, party admission, a commemorative holiday ornament and more. Sponsorships must be received by November 1 to be included in promotional materials.
Want more information about Akron? Sign up for the Rubber City update from cleveland.coma newsletter sent by e-mail at 5:30 a.m. on Wednesdays.